Monday, March 16, 2009

March 14, Bird Watching in Prince Wiliam County Park

On Saturday, March 14, I went for a hike in the Prince William County Park up in Northern Virginia. It was a cloudy day, kind of chilly as well, so I didn't expect to see much out there. I forgot to bring my camera, so sorry guys no pictures this time. I saw a few Northern Cardinals, an Eastern Bluebird, two Northern Flicker, a bunch of vultures flying around and eating a dead deer, and Carolina Chikadees, and finally a few White throated Sparrows. Like I said it was pretty couldy and cold, and stared to drizzle a little bit towards the end of the hike. I heard some crows and a red tailed hawk, but other than the birds mentioned I didn't see anything else really. I heard some other birds, but I couldn't identify them by their calls. The only birds I got to really focus on and watch for a little bit was the vultures, which wasn't too exciting seeing as how all they were doing was eating the dead deer. The trail I went on didnt take me by any real body of water, so that probably also is why I didn't see many birds.

No comments:

Post a Comment