Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Jamin Valentine's Adventure: The 2nd Installment

Below are some of the avian wonders I observed while at Indian River Park in Hampton, VA. This little excursion wasn't as productive as I would have anticipated in that the vastness of birds wasn't quite so vast (mallards, geese, and gulls) ; so I coupled it with a few random sightings from around my neighborhood along with some others that I couldn't identify from earlier trips.

This is one of the birds I couldn't identify on my first trip. It has a large knob on its bill. Exotic much?

This is the other bird I couldn't identify with the poof ball on its head. High-fashion maybe?

If you look closely, this is a mix of Mallards and a female Hooded Merganser.

Graylag Geese (domesticated and a wild type)

Graylag Goose

Why did the Ring-billed Gull cross the street?

No comments:

Post a Comment